A few dogs don’t mind walking in the rain, but unfortunately, most do. And if you live in an apartment or a place without a yard, what’s the alternative? Hold it in until it stops raining? Don’t think so. Here are some ways to get your dog to not mind so much-and perhaps even enjoy-a walk in the rain.
- Look for trees, bushes, awnings, homes or buildings to block some of the rain and wind in order for your dog to “do his business.”
- Hold an umbrella over your dog to stop the rain from falling on her back and face. There’s still the issue of wet ground, but keeping the rain off is half the battle.
- Consider purchasing a dog rain coat. There are a variety of styles in all price ranges. And if you have a larger dog, you may consider purchasing a small foal (baby horse) blanket. These are waterproof, wind resistant and have velcro straps to stay in place.
- Try dog rain boots if you think your dog can handle it and won’t raise too much of a fuss. There are a variety of styles from simple pleather to more sophisticated ones with adjustable ankle straps and non-skid soles – Good Luck with this one! 🙂
- Now that your dog is good to go, you don’t want to have to cut the walk short because you’re not prepared. Make sure you have on waterproof shoes and look for a waterproof (not water resistant), hooded rain slicker. If you’re carrying an umbrella, the kind with an automatic pop-up button makes it easier to operate with one hand.
Visit this site for more information on doggie “rain” apparel http://ezinearticles.com/?Walk-Your-Dog-in-the-Rain&id=1354006
Now, let’s all say nice things about Mother Nature and maybe summer will hurry up and get here!